Property releases
Support avatar
Written by Support
Updated over a week ago

Property Releases

If your media contains recognizable private property you must obtain a property release. A property release is written permission from the property owner, consenting to the images of the property being used for commercial purposes.

A release must be obtained when photographing clearly recognizable public or private places, buildings, venues, or other property such as paintings, automobiles or artwork. A property release protects you from legal claims by the owner of the property. Typically, Editorial photos, don't require property releases.

Your property release must at a minimum contain the following:

  • Contributor full legal name

  • Must be signed by Contributor

  • Date signed

  • Property owner's full legal name

  • Property address (address, city, state, zip, country)

  • Must be signed by property owner

  • Date signed

Did this answer your question?